Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I get pattern support or contact the owner, Shannon?
You can join the Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/knottedthreadspatterns for pattern support, see others' makes using my patterns, or just join in the discussion!
You can also email email@example.com with any specific pattern related questions, business inquiries, or collaboration requests. I do not accept new social media PM's for anything business related. Typical response hours: M-F 8AM - 3PM CT.
How can I access my digital patterns?
You have multiple options to download!
- After checking out fully, you will see a SendOwl download link on the check out screen.
- You will also receive an order confirmation email with a download link.
- Lastly, you can create an account on this site using the email address you used to purchase, and you can find them located within each prior order on your Account page. Simply click the order number and you will find a download link.
Please note that if you are using a mobile device, you may need to scroll down to access all the files. There may not be an obvious scroll bar, but all the files are included in each pattern, so if you don't see it, try scrolling down a bit. :)
Where can I follow along to see future creations and get details about the next sale?
You can subscribe to the email list or follow along on Instagram or TikTok! You can find links for those at the bottom of the home page.
FOR 2024, shop updates will be sporadic. Notifications will be sent via the email subscriber list and posted on social media when that time comes.
With designing digital bag patterns, my time to sew "for fun" is very limited. Selling my prototypes is easy, but finding the time to sew bags specifically to sell has become harder and harder over the last two years. My days are full of customer service emails, social media management, and collaborating with other businesses. I have garnered a small social media following due to my creation reels/videos, and those people want to support me and purchase my bags. I still want to give people the chance to do that, but I have to work within my time limitations so I am not working my tail off feeling pressured to make more more more. That crushes creativity and is not why I'm doing this.
I've always been a quality over quantity person, so I want to be sure I stay true to myself no matter the follower count on social media. This year, in between patterns I will be sewing less bags to sell, but spending more time on each one. I much prefer to add special time consuming touches that make it art, so that's what I'm going to focus on. This will mean less "shop updates" and more auctions of 1-2 items. I'll still sell my prototypes, but my regular drops of many bags will not be offered outside of that.
Thank you so much to those who have supported me over the years! I know my bags have become more and more limited over time, but hopefully you still stick around to enjoy the content I have to offer.
When purchasing during a drop, please be aware of the following:
- Before the drop, I create a collection called "Coming Soon" that will allow you to preview the items ahead of time to plan your attack. I take it down an hour or two before the drop, and at the scheduled time everything will reappear in their proper collections.
- Everything autoloads at the exact minute it is scheduled for. I do not manually release each listing.
- Carts do not hold. You can get all the way to checking out and your payment is about to process, but someone else has been faster than you and unfortunately you lose that item. It is heart breaking, I know. And I'm so sorry if/when that happens to you.
- I have never experienced an item oversell, but there is always a chance. If that happens to you, I will reach out personally and explain the situation. Please know that if that happens, it is from a small glitch on the website platform, not of my doing.
- I do combine orders and refund any shipping overages. So feel free to check out more than once! I only ask that you use the code "ADDON" on the second purchase to make it easier for me.
- I highly suggest that you check out with a fast-payment option. I have enabled as many as I am able to at this time.
- Please be mindful of the return policy listed further down this page.
How fast do items ship?
All items should ship within 1-3 business days. Smaller items will ship Ground Advantage (previously known as First Class) via USPS, and higher priced/larger items ship USPS Priority or UPS Ground. I insure every package at my own cost.
How can I change my shipping address?
You better be quick! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to me on Facebook if able. With things shipping so quickly, it can't be guaranteed if a day has passed since placing your order.
Can I return items?
At this time I do not offer shipping to the UK/EU.
What is cork leather/fabric?
It is a beautiful, sustainable, and vegan alternative to leather. It is harvested from the cork tree about every 9 years. It is soft, lightweight, and has an unique natural appearance.
What is vinyl & faux leather?
Vinyl and faux leathers are vegan/plastic-based materials used in place of leather. It comes in many variations/weights/textures/prints.
Where are these items made?
All items are made in the USA by myself, Shannon Timchula, the owner of Knotted Threads Co. I handle every detail. From choosing fabrics to designing bags, I have created everything you see on the site from my home.
Are these items made near any allergens?
These items are all made in my home in my sewing room. My house is cat friendly and I do consume foods with nuts in them. If these allergies are extreme for you, or this a concern, it is suggested you don't purchase from me at this time.
Can I have something made just for me?
At this time and for the foreseeable future, I do not offer custom orders.