Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I get pattern support?
You can join the Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/knottedthreadspatterns or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I access my digital patterns?
You have multiple options to download!
- After checking out fully, you will see a SendOwl download link on the check out screen.
- You will also receive an order confirmation email with a download link.
- Lastly, you can create an account on this site using the email address you used to purchase, and you can find them located within each prior order on your Account page. Simply click the order number and you will find a download link.
Please note that if you are using a mobile device, you may need to scroll down to access all the files. There may not be an obvious scroll bar, but all the files are included in each pattern, so if you don't see it, try scrolling down a bit. :)
Where can I follow along to see future creations and get details about the next sale?
You can join the Facebook group: www.facebook.com/groups/knottedthreadsco or follow along on Instagram or TikTok! You can find links for those at the bottom of the home page. I do respectfully ask that fellow bag makers do not request to join this FB group, but instead us IG or TikTok to follow my creations.
Please note that releases (aka retails/drops) are scheduled ahead of time and announced through the various social media platforms. I do this to be fair to those in various time zones and lifestyles that may not be conducive to following social media for constant updates. The nature of my makes can sometimes cause people to rush to purchase once they have been released, so this helps keep it fair as well since there are times where multiple people are trying to purchase at the same time.
When purchasing during a release, please be aware of the following:
- I create the listings ahead of time and everything autoloads at the exact minute it is scheduled for. I do not manually release each listing.
- Carts do not hold. You can get all the way to checking out and your payment is about to process, but someone else has been faster than you and unfortunately you lose that item. It is heart breaking, I know. And I'm so sorry if/when that happens to you.
- I have never experienced an item oversell, but there is always a chance. If that happens to you, I will reach out personally and explain the situation. Please know that if that happens, it is from a small glitch on the website platform, not of my doing.
- I do combine orders and refund any shipping overages. So feel free to check out more than once! I only ask that you use the code "ADDON" on the second purchase to make it easier for me.
- I highly suggest that you check out with a fast-payment option. I have enabled as many as I am able to at this time.
- Please be mindful of the return policy listed further down this page.
How fast do items ship?
All items should ship within 1-3 business days. Smaller items will ship First Class via USPS, and higher priced/larger items ship USPS Priority or via UPS.
How can I change my shipping address?
You better be quick! Email email@example.com or reach out to me on Facebook if able. With things shipping so quickly, it can't be guaranteed if a day has passed since placing your order.
Can I return items?
What is cork leather/fabric?
It is a beautiful, sustainable, and vegan alternative to leather. It is harvested from the cork tree about every 9 years. It is soft, lightweight, and has an unique natural appearance. It is water and stain resistant and is easy to clean.
How does it hold up to use? How do I clean it?
Cork can stand up to a beating! Naturally, any bag will wear-n-tear in tight corners and spots that may get scuffed around a lot, but with cork, you will see some aging around any tight folds or spots that are heavy scuffed up. For this reason, I have altered the amount I am using cork, and limiting to the more natural colors which seem to hold up better for longer. If is dirty, bust out some gentle cleansing wipes and wipe it down! Alternatively, you can use some mild soap with a damp cloth.
Where are these items made?
All items are made in the USA by myself, Shannon Timchula, the owner of Knotted Threads Co. I handle every detail. From choosing fabrics to designing bags, I have created everything you see on the site from my home.
Are these items made near any allergens?
These items are all made in my home in my sewing room. My house is cat friendly and I do consume foods with nuts in them. If these allergies are extreme for you, or this a concern, it is suggested you don't purchase from me at this time.
Can I have something made just for me?
At this time and for the foreseeable future, I reserve the right to not accept custom orders. I enjoy the creative freedom of just making pretty things, and most people seem to love where my creativity takes me. I treat bag making more as an art form.